1) In 1983 Minerals Department has established.
2) In 2006 Minerals & Industries Department merged into Tourism, Youth & Environment under one Secretary.
3) In 2010 Minerals, Industries, Labour & Commerce Department has started functions as separate entity.
4) In 2013 a separate Directorate of Mines & Minerals has been established.
1) Mineral is Council Subject.
2) Geological Surveys of Potential areas.
3) Development of Mineral Resources & Regulation of Mines.
4) Grant of Exploration Licenses and Mining Leases.
5) Control of Illegal Mining and Illegal Transportation of Minerals.
6) Minerals Exhibition.
During the past, extensive geological exploration has been conducted by various National and International Organizations as well as World renown Geo-Scientific Research Institutes in the entire region. Consequently World class Geo-Technical data has been generated that has established indication/occurrences of various Mineral commodities targets for subsequent development and ultimate mining. These include:- Precious Base Metals Precious and Semi-Precious Gemstones, Industrial Minerals / Dimension stones Placer deposits for recovery of Gold & other Precious Metals from the alluvial deposits.